Friday, June 15, 2012

Six weeks (a few days late)

I can't believe another week has gone by. I am enjoying Ben so much that I don't want time to go by. Normally, I'm always rushing through life, always looking forward to the next thing... But for the first time I can remember, I am living in the moment, enjoying each day with little anticipation of the next stage. Sure, I think about the future and am excited for all it holds (trips to Disneyland!), but I'm in nooooo hurry for any of it.

First off, he weighed 13 lbs 3 oz on Tuesday. He's starting to look a little more chubby :)

This week there have been some developments. They are small and most people probably wouldn't notice them (unless it was their own child) but I am excited about them! First, he has suddenly gotten better control of his arms/hands. He can now rub his eyes when he's tired and he's having an easier time putting his hand in his mouth. He still can't control his fingers enough to get the thumb in there.

Another development just appeared today. Until now, if Ben was fussy, it didn't really comfort him when I picked him up. Well, today he was sad for much of the day and I noticed he would stop crying when I picked him up!! Yay!! It's so nice knowing I can provide him some comfort :)

Also, i learned that the medical definition for sleeping through the night is sleeping for a five hour stretch...so, technically Ben has been sleeping through the night for a while now. Now of only we could get him to nap better during the day...

He smiles quite a bit now and chatters and coos alot, especially when he's laying on the floor. He loves laying naked and he also seems to like tummy time. I think thats all i wanted to remember for this week!

Ps the last picture is my baby blanket...poor, attention-deprived Emma decided to shred it across the entire house. In college, I had clipped off a section of my blankie and gave it to my dad. He was nice enough to send it to me after he heard of the tragedy :)

P.p.s. As I was writing this post, I put Ben in his bed to see if he would fall asleep on his own. Miracle of all miracles, it worked! This evening was unique though...he slept for two+ hours on Joel's chest when he got home from work, so just now I filled his tired belly and he was super sleepy when I laid him down. But, hey, I'll take any sign of good sleep habits I can get!!

No comments: