This week, Joel, Ben and I are in San Diego. Joel has a conference for work, so we came down a few days early to hang out as a family.
On Tuesday, we took a trip to the zoo......but it wasn't exactly the most enjoyable day. I was stressed about Ben getting a sunburn, so I would zoom from one shady spot to the next. Apparently, babies aren't supposed to wear sunscreen until 6 months, and it was way too warm for Ben to be covered from head to toe. So, the shade was our protection from the sun. I was also stressed about naps. He puts up a big fuss whenever we put him in his car seat, but I knew he would fall asleep eventually. I swear people were staring at me when he was screaming, so I made sure my face looked appropriately concerned so that people would know I wasn't just happily ignoring his screams (as if that were possible??). Anyways, Ben was a champ....and Joel was able to enjoy the animals. I can't wait till he's old enough to enjoy things like the zoo :)
The rest of the week, Joel has been at the conference, so it's just been Ben and I. We haven't done anything besides hang out at the hotel, but I'm really enjoying just playing with Ben and relaxing with nothing to worry about. I take him to the hotel restaurant for my meals and we just hang out together. He's a fun little pal to spend my days with :) I've held him waaay more than normal and that means there have been lots of opportunities to kiss his sweet head and nuzzle against his cheek.
We took a little dip in the pool but I read later that day that babies shouldn't be in a pool until six months...same reason as the sunscreen....their skin is extra permeable right now and absorbs chemicals easily. Oops. Oh well, I'm not too worried about it.
Right now Ben is sleeping in my arms (bad, bad habit, but i don't want to stop! It's too precious!) and I'm tapping this post out with my left thumb on my iPhone.... I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the day with my sweet little pal. We head back tomorrow...and then we have plans to start getting him ready for day care. That involves working on his sleep habits and getting him used to playing by himself a little more :(
Below are some pics from our trip:




1 comment:
I want to cry for several reasons. 1.) He's soooo stinkin' cute and I can't be around him more! 2.) You look like you're 20 again!! What happened!? We're supposed to be triplets and look the same! 3.) I wish I could snuggle with my baby as much as you get to snuggle with Ben!!!!!!
Post a Comment