Well, here we go. It's my last week of maternity leave. I go back to work the Tuesday after labor day. I am just soaking up every minute with my sweet boy. I've been mentally preparing and this week I made sure all my work clothes still fit (they do!) and I made sure they were all unwrinkled and ready to go. I'm feeling more at peace about this than I was a few weeks ago. Although, I seriously feel addicted to Ben... It is going to be rouuuuuugh not being with him all day, every day.
I realize that not everyone wants to see a picture of Ben on Facebook every twenty seconds, but I am with him all the time and am so fascinated with his changes. Every stage is so much fun! It takes serious self control not to post every picture and video and announce every milestone. I never imagined myself being so enamored with anyone or anything!
Anyways, Ben has had some big changes that I've noticed this week. A bunch of things just showed up.
1) he discovered his feet
2) he tries to push onto his hands and knees as if he's about to crawl. He succeeds sometimes and when he doesn't, he ends up scooting backwards. So, he ends up scooting around backwards quite a bit.
3) he turns his head towards new sounds. I like this because I can get him to look at me for pictures now :)
4) he can sit for several minutes if he has his hands in front of him
Last weekend we went 'camping' with the Faulkners and the Fabelas. I say 'camping' because we had a lodge room and the Fabelas had a cabin...but we still cooked all our food outdoors and had campfires :) It was perfect! Ii want to go back there every year! Our family went to the same campground every year and I have such fond memories of it! Camping with my family was my favorite thing every year. I want our kids and cousins to have the same fond, family memories.
Here are some recent pictures







No comments:
Post a Comment