Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend thanks

Things I was thankful for this weekend:

1) Beautiful Snow - I can't tell you how much I love snow! But, I also get soooo hopeful that work will be canceled...and it rarely ever is! It was nice to have the snow on the weekend this year so I could enjoy it without having to be stuck at work

2) I'm sooo thankful that I was able to completely relax on Sunday! Joel and I literally sat on the couch the ENTIRE day except for a short break to go to the gym/play basketball. We also attempted to go for a walk, but it was super cold, so we only were outside for a few minutes!

3) Aimee and her mom - I got to see Aimee and Lavonne this weekend. They came down to get some of Kevin's stuff. I love that family!

4) Joel's brownies. Brownies are my favorite food (along with pizza...and dad's hamburgers...). I tried to tell him he shouldn't make them cuz I knew I would be tempted to eat the entire pan and I'm trying NOT to gain 10 pounds in the next two weeks before the wedding. (So, I guess that means Joel was off the couch for another ten minutes to make the brownies!)

5) My family. I talked to almost all of my family this weekend. I'm glad Chaunc was able to navigate the snowy streets safely (well, almost....). I'm glad the twinners made it home safely and I'm glad that I had a nice little chat with dad on the phone. And finally, I'm SUPER excited to have mom come visit in a few days!! I didn't talk to Bren this weekend :( But i'm still thankful for her!!

6) I'm soooo happy I didn't have any homework this weekend!! I have two or three weeks before school starts again. It's so nice!

7) This is the last weekend joel and I had together before we get married! Next weekend will be spent with our girl/guy friends, so we won't be seeing each other...and the next weekend is the BIG DAY!!!

That's all for now! It was a lovely weekend :) I got to relax with Joel AND it snowed...can't get much better than that!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

*sigh* That makes me feel relaxed just reading about it! Clean house, brownies, and quiet time with your guy? What could be better?? And the snow definitely helped make the weekend that much cozier!