Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Soccer and Croque Madame

It's Tuesday...just getting back to work from a lovely three day weekend. It's crazy to think that a year ago this week, Joel and I got engaged (Feb 19)! This weekend was Valentine's day. We went to dinner together on Saturday to celebrate. Then, on Sunday and Monday, Joel wanted to play soccer. I was more than happy to play with him...little did I know thatI would be crippled with sore muscles! We just kicked the ball back and forth and played a little "keep away". Today, my legs are so sore that I literally have to use my hands to move my legs if I want to cross my legs or, say, apply the breaks while I'm driving! Yipes! Playing soccer with Joel was the highlight to the weekend! We had soooo much fun!

The second highlight of my weekend was the lunch I made on Monday...I made Croque Madame...it's a fancy french grilled sandwich. I'd had it before at an amazing french restaurant by my work...but I decided to try to make it myself. Oh my. It's my new favorite food! I'm already drooling about dinner (we're having it again for dinner tonight) :)

The third major news of the weekend is an update on lil Chaunc. Last week she broke her back while rock climbing. Well, she was released from the hospital last week and is now recovering at home. She'll be ok...eventually :) After all she's going through, I feel bad for complaining about my soccer induced sore muscles...sorry sis!

Anyways, that's all for now!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Yaay for a new post! And what is this fancy sandwich? Don't leave us hanging like that! What's the recipe!?