I just went back to my blog posts about my pregnancy symptoms from my pregnancy with Ben. It's been kind of fun to compare this pregnancy to the last one, so I want to write down a few things about my symptoms so far. My memories of the first half of Ben's pregnancy are...awful..I was pretty nervous that this pregnancy would be as miserable, but I'm happy to report that so far my pregnancy this time is much easier. The hardest part last time was the anxiety and the insane emotional rollercoaster my brain was on. So far I haven't had an ounce of that! I've had a bit of nausea and some days are worse than others. Today I came home from work early because I was so tired and nauseous. Other than the nausea, I've been a little tired. I've been sleeping totally fine at night, but I have really low energy during the day (with Ben, I slept terrible right from the start and had to get a prescription for Ambien at my very first appointment). I avoid nausea by eating...all the time...And nothing sounds good, so I end up eating not-so-healthy food. Looking back at this time last pregnancy, I didn't think I had gained any weight...well, this time I've definitely gained a few pounds. I had a little bit of bleeding one day this week, but I went it for an ultrasound and they weren't worried about it at all...and there hasn't been anything since them. My worry-o-meter was pretty low on that one. So far so good! Overall, I feel like a normal person!
We're not keeping the pregnancy a secret from Ben, but we're not really trying to make him understand what's going on yet. For starters, we don't want him telling the Taylors that I'm pregnant. We want to be able to talk to them about our plans for maternity leave, etc before they find out from Ben that I'm pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment