Wednesday, July 11, 2012

10 weeks

10 weeks, 15 pounds, 25.5 inches.

Things have gotten much easier this past week or two. Joel is home on summer break, which is amazing!!! I wish life was always like this. After a little adjustment period, we've gotten into a nice daily rhythm. We take turns getting up with Ben in the morning, although he's usually been sleeping in my chest for the past few hours, so I'm usually wide awake when Ben is ready to get up. But, it's still nice to have Joel take him so I can shower and eat in peace. Im trying not to take this time for granted. I know there won't be another time like this where Joel and I are off together with just Ben.

Today I was driving to the grocery store (by myself) and I was kind of thinking that Im starting to feel ready to go back to work. I'm not ready to leave Ben, but I kind of miss work. I wish there was some way I could have both... Having my job while never having to leave my sweet boy. Anyways, I'm starting to mentally prepare for going back, even though I still have a little more than a month and a half left.

So, what's new to report? Well, Ben has been napping better during the day. All his naps are still either in the car seat or in the front pouch. The good news is that 1) he is getting longer naps and 2) he will now sleep with me holding the front pouch instead of just Joel. Joel still does the majority of naps so that I can get stuff done around the house. He's not sleeping as great during the night. He hasn't had any of the 5-7 hour stretches that he was having a while back. Boooooo.

He continues to get better at sucking his hands. In fact, he sucks them quite a bit during the day. Still can't isolate any fingers though! He sure is cute when he does it!!

Now that he's getting enough sleep during the day, he's a pretty mellow guy. He isn't startled by noises or Emma barking. He has a few books that he loves to look at. We lay on the floor and read them over and over. Joel broke out his guitar and Ben seems to like that! Joel has also been singing 'bridge over troubled water' everytime they do tummy time. Ben sure loves all this time with Joel! He is so great with Ben. I feel like he's a better parent than me! But, I have to realize that we give Ben different things...

I can't believe how much he has grown and changed. When each week brings such big developments, it makes time FLY. My heart aches with so much love when I look at him, especially when he's quietly eating or sleeping in my arms. It still amazes me that he's ours.

P.S. the picture of Ben and Emma was taken in July second in Yakima. It was Emma's third bday and ben's 2 month bday :)

2 comments:

Chauncy Faulkner said...

I can not believe how much he has grown already!! What a handsome guy, though :)

Brenna said...

First of all, I love the picture of Ben in his little Puma outfit. So cute! Second of all, I think he looks like Eli in the second picture :) Third, be sure to get videos of Ben sucking on his hands!