Last year for us three's birthday, we got together at the Faulkner's big Snohomish house on a sunny warm weekend with my dad and Michelle. A water fight was the highlight of the day. This year, we went to the Faulkner's new Kirkland house and again, a water fight was the highlight of the day. Ben LOVES his cousins. Right now, him and Lucas have the most fun together. I think part of it has to do that 1) Lucas is rough and tough and can wrestle as hard as Ben likes and 2) Lucas is older so he takes the lead. I think once Eli and Ben are a little older, they'll probably play together a little more. But, in the meantime, seeing Ben and Lucas play together fills my heart!! I wish they lived closer so they could play together all the time!!! Since Ben can get a little rough in his wrestling, it's good when the other kid can firmly tell him when he's being to rough. And Lucas does exactly that. Yesterday Lucas VERY nicely, but firmly, told Ben that he needed to stop playing so rough. And that was all Ben needed (Brenna, I was sooo proud of Lucas!!). Before the cousins got to Chauncy's, Ben was just kind of moping around. He had waited all week for cousin play time. But as soon as the Fabela's car pulled up, all the water guns were out and poor Grandma Bev was the target. My mom actually doesn't like to get wet AT ALL. Good thing it was warm yesterday!! The three big boys and my mom (and Chip) had a water fight for maybe 1.5 solid hours. Seeing all the boys play so well together with so many smiles and gleeful voices miiiiiight be my favorite thing. I still can't believe we're adding two more cousins to the cousin circus!!
1 comment:
I'll tell Lucas you were impressed :) I loved yesterday!!! I can't wait to have a huge crowd of cousins!!
Post a Comment