I've had a little extra time with Ben this week. I stayed home sick with him on Monday, and today was a vacation day because Karen is having surgery. We had a wonderful day, so I just wanted to write it down.
He's been a little off the past few days...first he had a little cold and then there was a tooth that was causing some major grief. After sleeping like a LOG last night, he woke up happy as a clam this morning. After breakfast, my mom came over and went for a walk with us. As usual, it was a leisurely walk. We snapped a few pictures along the way.
After lunch and nap, Ben pulled out a bunch of photo albums and snuggled with me as we flipped through the albums. One of the albums was Joel's from high school and early college. Practically every picture was Joel with one girl or another. Ben was great at pointing out Dada, but he thought that all the girls were Mama. Haha. After snuggling and playing for a bit, we ran a few errands and stopped by JoAnn's to pick up some butcher paper, a smock and finger paint (and said hi to Grandma!). He was so good while we were out, so we stopped and fed the ducks on our way home.
Joel had a soccer game after work, so it was just Ben and I all evening, too. This evening, we chased around the house a lot, snuggled, giggled and played. The best way to spend an evening!!
The best part of the day is that I was in one of those moods where I'm totally focused on him and not distracted by anything (my thoughts, my to-do list, etc etc etc etc etc....there's lots to be distracted by). It didn't matter what activities we did...we just "clicked" today and really enjoyed each other's company.
2 comments:
He just makes me smile! His face at the duck pond......lolol I love it when you get to have extra time with him. It makes me a happy mama/grandma. He's a lucky little man.
Heaven!
Post a Comment