Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dear Ben,

It's a Sunday afternoon, who knows how long before we get to meet you. It's one of the most beautiful days we've had so far this year. Mommy and Daddy have had a very relaxing day, but you are all we can think about. Yesterday, I was a little crabby with Daddy because I was anxious to get the house ready for you to come. Daddy was crabby with me because he was really anxious to know when you'll be here. He kept asking how I felt and wasn't satisfied with the shortish answers I had.

This morning, we woke up to the birds chirping and the sun peeking in the windows. We snuggled in bed for a bit, had breakfast then we took your big sister, Emma, for a walk (a very slow walk) in the sunshine. We came back home and rested some more and took a little nap. I sat outside in the sunshine reading a magazine, drinking iced tea (Red Raspberry Leaf Tea) with Emma while Daddy did some grocery shopping.

Every thought revolves around you. Everything I do today is with the thought of preparing for you. Today, my focus is on relaxing. Everything we "need" to get done is done. Now I'm just focusing on loving you, daddy and Emma and being happy and relaxed so that you know it's safe to come out. I've been stretching, reading, napping, sipping tea, and snacking all day. I'm not doing anything I don't feel like doing.

Daddy is working on his "GVTV" right now and he keeps asking me if you're coming yet. He doesn't want to have to finish his episode. He is very excited for you to come!

Our little family is so ready to welcome you! Can't wait to see you, meet you, hold you, kiss you and love you!



1 comment:

Brenna said...

So much love :) What a lucky little guy!