We picked her up last night and had to drive about 30 minutes with her. She snuggled into my arms and just kept trying to get closer and closer to my face. Eventually, she was on my chest with her little head on my shoulder (pictures to come). She was a brave little soul and didn't whimper, whine or shake the whole trip. So, we got her home and I went straight to the pet store while Joel stayed home to bond with her. I spent an hour there wandering around in a daze trying to decide what to get. A few things of note: I got her the smallest pink CAT collar I could find…it’s waaaay too big! It slides right over her head. I also got her a little carrying crate, which is also what she’ll sleep in. I also got her a fence that can be set up in our kitchen. It’s 16 feet in diameter, so she has PLENTY of room since she’s only about 6 inches long…hehe.
Anyways, I got home and she was just romping around the house and playing with Joel. She’s COMPLETELY silent, so the breeder suggested we buy a bell to put on her collar so that we don’t step on her. It’s weird because we’re used to Henry being on the ground, but at least Henry makes a little bit of noise! Anyways, when I got home from the pet store, I let her outside on the grass and she went potty immediately! Good giiiiiiiirl! She didn’t have any accidents in the house last night. So we played with her a little more and I washed her feet off in the sink (she had accidentally stepped in her poo). She was soooo good while I washed her feet off! It’s so amazing to hold something so small and realize it’s a DOG! There should be another name for creatures so small (other than rat or guinea pig).
After the foot bath, it was time for bed. She went right into her crate with NO PROBLEM. I put a pair of Joel’s dirty socks in there and she snuggled right up and went to sleep. Not a single peep out of her ALL night! Me on the other hand…I couldn't sleep a wink. I kept worrying about her and I kept trying to peek in her crate to see if she was asleep or not. Then, my mind was running wild trying to come up with a feeding plan and a potty training plan. I woke up extra early this morning so I would have time to play with her. I took her outside right away and she went potty like a good girl! Then we played fetch and romped around the house. She just loves exploring the house! The couch pillow was on the floor and she had to struggle to climb up on the pillow! That’s how small she is! Also, the grass in the yard is longer than her legs, so it’s a struggle for her to find a good place to squat! She already loves her little toys that I bought her…I bought her a kong, a rope toy and teensy weensy tennis balls (they are an inch in diameter…and she can’t fit it in her mouth, so she just bites the fur on the ball!).
So, I had to leave to go to work. Joel was going to be around the house for another hour or so. Well, while he was brushing his teeth, the little Ewok went poo under the bed. Naughty girl! So, I guess she’s not perfect. But, we’re working on it! Joel and I have talked about firmly saying “NO” when she chews or barks (although she hasn’t barked yet…just a few little whines). I really don't want her to be a spoiled brat...we'll see how well that actually works out!
Sigh. I already love her so much. She’s so precious. When I woke her up this morning, she immediately started wagging her little bobbed tail and started licking my hand. I’ve been smiling ALL morning…even when I was just sitting on the bus. Can’t wait for you to meet her! Check back tonight or tomorrow for a few pictures!
3 comments:
I can't wait to meet her! So, is she smaller than Henry?
haha, no, she's bigger than Henry...but not by much! But I'm not too concerned about the dog munching on Henry...I don't think her mouth would even fit around Henry's head! :)
You should definitely introduce them before she gets much bigger. I look forward to meeting the little ewok too.
Post a Comment